Saturday 14 July 2012

Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston


This was a book that I wasn't in a huge rush to get to. I read the last two a while ago, and this one's been sitting on my TBR pile for a loooong time. I read it mainly because it was bugging me and it was preferable to the alternative. In the end, I liked it. It was ok. It didn't blow me away and the writing could be a little clinical and simple at times. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand overly poetic and flowery prose that spends three pages describing a door handle, but I need something more than a list of stuff that is happening. The author also had a habit of repeating herself, but I do that too, so I am willing to overlook it. Don't want to be a hypocrite now, do I? XD

Still, there was always a lot going on, it was relatively engaging and wraps up the series nicely. I started to get a little bored of the whole 'will they, won't they', Ross 'n' Rachel-esque relationship between Kelley and Sonny, which, by the way, remains one the the worst character names I have ever come across in literature. I mean come on, I can't take someone seriously if they're called Sonny!!!! It's a name right up there with Patch from the Hush, Hush series, which I think we will all agree takes the trophy for THE WORST name in the world books. Anyhoo, characters. It just didn't have me feeling all squiggly with glee as other book relationships have in the past. Plus there was a slightly pointless attempt at a love triangle which didn't really need to exist but still, as everyone else is doing it... There would be moments as well when the characters would feel a little flat to me, but then other times when they were actually quite funny and charming, so...

It's one of those books that I can easily see people loving. I have to say that I didn't LOVE it personally, but I did like it. It certainly didn't bore me, the finale in particular was pretty fun!! So you should probably give the first one (Wondrous Strange) a go, if you haven't already.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment